Having low grade fever and joint pain. Diabetic and hyperactive. Is she in danger?

my mother (age 70 Y) is having problem of low grade fever & joint pain - going maximum 99.5 & minimum 98. during cool period of the day (morning & evening) - her fever is running between 98 to 98.5 but during hot time (11 am to 5 pm) its increased til 99.2 ot sometime 99.5 she is dibetic (taking regular medicine & its in control) also hyperactive (70-145 & pulse varying between 85 to 95) - for getting relief from join pain & fever doctor advised her to take Ultraset tab. she get relief for time being but i have noticed - she is becoming regular habitual of ultraset. 2 year back she had been diagnosed with gall blader stone - we have also removed her gall blader on 24.02.2012 - but there is no relief from fever & joint pain. her all blood & unrine test are normal. chect specialist has also cleared there is not T.B. - need help to know which test will help to know the cause of fever.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012