Having knee pain. Diagnosed as synovial cyst. X ray done. What precaution should I take?

this morning i had a fulgarant pain in my knee after that i could flex my leg but not fully extend it . i went to the E.R this evening i was diagnosed with a synovial kyste and the xr s showed arthrose and calcifications in the right knee i was advised to rest for 2 weeks what happened if i will continue to make exercices : walking swimming spor in a gym? is there any diffrent opinions regarding the rest of the knee?thx u for your help Maria
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
a synovial cyst is a swelling at the joint line in the knee and is caused by a vertical tear in the meniscus. arthroscopically removing the tear will usually cause the cyst to disappear.