Having itchy feet and hands, attacks. Diagnosed advanced stage fatty liver disease. Treatment?

I am wondering if I should have a diagnosis of cholestatic liver disease . I have finally found a diagnosis that covers all of my sypmtoms but I am curious as to what tests I should ask for from my doctor to confirm or dismiss this diagnosis. I have been diagnosed with advanced stage fatty liver disease within the past year and was told that I needed to do nothing except watch my fat intake, which I do. but I continue to have symptoms, sometimes severe and dibilitating while they are present. the most troubling and hardest to explain was the uncontrollable itch of my hands and feet while I was having an attack . the doctor does not have an explanation for this particular part of my symptoms. If I could suggest a test I feel i could at least rule it out if that is not the issue. Thanks! Linda
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013