Having irregular and short periods. Diagnosed with hypothyroidism, PCOD. How long should I take thyroid medicine?

hey i hv irregular and short menstrual periods recently,,i did the blood tests for fsh ,lh,tshetc ..and it was found that i hav high tsh level which indicates hypothyroidism ..i have started taking meds from today..doc told me that i also have PCOD weigt is 70 kgs,,ht-5.2 ..i want to knw whether i hv to take the thyroid medicine throughout my life?????recently i am having fast heart it occuring due to hypothyroidism??
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012