Having heart palpitations when I lay down. Heart function is normal. Any other reason?

Hi, I have been having heart palpitations alot more than usual. I have them when I lay down it feels like it is taking my breath away..I have went to a cardiologist and I wore the heart monitor for 24 hours last year..I did not experience any palpitations at the time of wearing the heart monitor so the Cardiologist said my heart was okay..Lately it is happening alot and is very scary..It has never happened to me before last year..I was a heavy smoker for 20 years but I have quit..I am scared please help..Thank you..
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013