Having fungal infection in the scrotum. Black dry patches of skin on scrotum. Used hydrocortozone, difulcan capsules. Need permanent cure

just wondering if you agree with my doctor s suggestion to treat what he thinks is a fungal infection of the scrotum- I have black/very dark patches of skin on the sides on bottom of scrotum, like spots but not raised at all or anything, just normal skin that has gone black and there are spots of it on my scrotum. He told me to use hydrocortisone canesten cream on the spots initially, and they went away but then came back which was my fault because I stopped applying it too early. He then said I needed a stronger dose of antifungals- suggested using several difulcan capsules over the course of a month, and a tube of canesten cream on the spots, to get it internally and externally. I would be grateful if you told me whether you agree with his suggestions- I don t want this to come back again- thanks
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012