Having dry skin with reddish rashes and itching. On diuretics for heart problems. Any other treatment?

I am 80 Male, have got a very dry skin : am under 40 + 20 mg of Direuatives being a heart patient (apart from other heart medications and vitamin supplements ) for over 20 years : I also take normally 12 Ozs of red wine a day. But my skin is very itchy ; minor red rashes type appear which start bleeding on scratching . I apply skin lotions (Gold Bond - Medicated) twice a day with little relief. What should I do ?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012