Having cut on top of foot, painful, no blood. What is this?

I have a cut on the top of my foot . While wearing boots my foot began to sting so i removed the shoes and socks to see why my foot was stinging and i noticed a round cut, a half moon shape about an inch long, with no visible blood or scabbing. I have no idea how this happened and it is still painful and not going away.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Dec 2012
Hello Saraan,

From your description the bruise seems to have come from friction between your boots and your foot. This can often happen without you noticing as you might have been concentrated in something else while putting on the boots. You need not worry, that will heal soon enough. Just make sure you wear some good cotton socks before you put on the boots. It will be better if you could put on an open air shoe for a while before you start wearing cover shoe, to give yourself some time for healing and prevent aggravation.

Best wishes