Having catarrh, yellowish mucus comes out, not cured from medication. Treatment?

I have been having catarrh since last year November, after several medications , the catarrh refuse to stop permanently, some days ago, it started heavily again, and this time, it was producing some yellowish mucus and it stinks so bad, i sometimes feel the mucus from my mouth too. Please Help me as i m going through a toughtime finding solution to this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012
Hi ! Usually the catarrh are viral infections which may resolve of its own with some symptomatic treatment. If your sputum has started smelling bad, most likely you have got a secondary bacterial infection. This needs to be taken care of . You are advised to see your family physician, who may advise you a course of antibiotics along with decongestant medications. You can also try simple steam inhalations at home. Wishing you an early recovery.