Having calf pressure after some light exercise

Since I came back from college, I haven t been moving around much, so about three weeks ago, I started to do some exercise. But only very light exercise. I stretched my leg the wrong way, and I started feeling pressure in one part of my leg. It s like, a faint, stinging, sometimes itchy pressure in one specific spot. When I push VERY hard on the bottom of my foot, I can feel the sting. But if I walk, it s fine. It also hasn t felt like this since three weeks ago. I haven t done much exercise since then until yesterday when I walked a bit, and it s starting again. I thought that I may have torn a muscle, but wouldn t it hurt a lot more? And wouldn t it recover already? The back of my calf also hurts sometimes too, as well as above my knee . I ve taken store-brand Ibuprofin.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jul 2011
Hi Gabby
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I advise you to stop any exercise as of now and visit your Orthopedician as early as possible .Its unlikely to be a major injury but could be a sprain.That can be confirmed by physical examination.
Taking rest and physiotherapy can treat your pain.
If you need more information feel free to mail me.