Having burning sensation in the chest. History of PVC and mitral valve regurgitation. Given toprol for high pulse. Will it work?

I have Had pvcs for 2 days straight and a burning sensation in my chest . I had a heart cath done on Monday The 17th and it came back good.. I am 29 have a history of pvcs and a little mitral valve regur. I was put on toprol bc of high pulse in emergency room also bc of pvcs.... Does it tke a while to get adjusted to wetrotoprl or could it possibly not wOrk in my case??
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012