Having black patch on forehead and mouth. Using melagard 50+ along with Kojivit. Alternative treatment?

hello sir, i am Indian. I have a large black patch on my forehead developed recently about 2 months ago. It was lighter in the beginning but gradually has become very noticable. I also have the same type of coloration around my mouth. i consulted a dermatologist here and she suggested me the use of melagard 50+ alongwith Kojivit. Still there is no change. Is there any thing else i can do to get rid of it??? Please help me.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Dec 2013
It seem that you have developed post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation or PIH. Do not apply any home remedies which can aggravate the situation. You can apply creams such as Azelaic acid, glycolic acid can be used to reduce the pigmentation under dermatological supervision.
You can also go for latest treatment including chemical peeling under dermatological supervision. Continue Using a good quality medicated sunscreen 3 times a day. Protect yourself from direct sunlight. Do not apply any hair oil on scalp which are containing fragrance in it as it can also cause pigmentation on exposure to sun light.