Having black marks on arms and shoulder. Not cured by dermatologists medicines. Any suggestions?

Hi, I am 26yrs old I got full of black marks on my arms and shoulder more on both arms. Please do suggest me something, I have taken medicines I have consulted more than 15 dermetologists all are giving me very expensive tablets and I have followed it as doctor suggested but still my problem remains same,. I am upset :(
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Firstly the cause of pigmentation has to be ruled out. Dark arms could be due to tanning, lichen planus pigmentosus, Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation etc.
As diagnosis can be made only after seeing the lesinos, so i would advise that you visit a qualified dermatologist and be compliant to the treatment advised. More or less all dermatologists prescribe similar treatment as we follow a standard treamtent guidline. So changing doctors wont help.

The basic treatment plan in pigmentation is
Use of sunscreen( mandatory) and complete sun protection
Use of pigmentation reducing creams
if not much response is seen with topical creams, peels and lasers might be required.

Hope this helped you to some extent.