Having black hole on back. Hole getting bigger, small strings comes out of it. An ideas on what this could be?

My boyfriend has a lump on his back. A few months ago a black hole formed on it. Lately, the hole is getting bigger and I can see the black area expanding under his skin. I once picked at it with tweezers and cleaned it with peroxide . I was able to pull a few small strings out of it, but the black does not come off. An ideas on what this could be? Should we be worried? What can I do to eliminate this thing? Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Hi i think u are suffering from sebaceous cyst.white and black strings can come out from the cyst is not medical treatment works on this condition.only surgery is treatment of choice.sebaceous cyst should be removed in total and oral antibiotic should be used twice daily and applicatio n of antibiotic cream can cure the condition