Having bilateral varicocele, discomfort in the right testicle. Get relief from jogging, aerobic exercises?

Hello Doctor. I am 22 and having bilateral varicocele (more on right side). It has been an year, and I recently underwent an Ultrasound and 2 doctors advised me to first try some calcium capsules, Bed rest, No weight lifting and wearing tight undergarment and there is almost 90% relieve in the pain and swelling. Before examining and taking these precautions and medicine, it used to be painful and the back of right testicle was very swollen. Now I don t feel any pain but just experience some discomfort, once in a day or two. But the swelling of veins behind the testicle is not completely going(though it has gone a lot). Can I start Jogging and do some aerobics excercise, Will it help? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have mild Bilateral Varicocele .Your pain and discomfort has been reduced by 90% after some conservative measures. So please continue the same and avoid Jogging and Aerobic exercises as this will aggravate your varicocele due to increased intra abdominal pressure during these activities