Have wrist injury, limited movement, not subsiding with painkillers . What to do?

Hello. I am a 23 y/old male, active and in good shape. However, I have injured my wrist (not sure how, possibly lifting something or during weight session), and it has limited movement, i.e i cannot bend in backwards and it is causing me a great deal of pain, even with painkillers. It feels like the tendon and the pain is constant even when resting. Do you have any ideas how to go forward with this? I could see my local GP but they will probably send me away and tell me to rest it and take more painkillers; however i feel at the moment that it is fairly serious. Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013