Have voice cracks, can not speak in high volume. Chances of voice loss?

I am having voice problems for over four weeks now, cannot reach a simple pitch therefore cannot sing at all. Have gone through a course of antibiotics, a set of steroids with no improvement at all. My voice cracks and can speak barely at half my normal volume. Have I lost my voice permanently? Any chance of getting it back? I have been singing from age 4 and now I am 62 years old. This is killing me emotionally. Please help. BTW, I have been to ENT. I don't have upper respiratory problems.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013