Have vitiligo on face, chest, hands. Sun exposure will help. Why new spots during summer?

I live in Texas, U.S.A. and have had Vitiligo since 2008. My Dermatologist says sun exposure will help my vitiligo, but, every spring and mainly summer, I get multiple new spots all over my face and and some small dots on my chest and hands (sun exposed areas). Right now, my vitiligo is mainly on my face (I am female and African american) so you can imagine this is very hard for me. I don t even go out that much during the summer months, why do I have new spots during summer?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012