Have type 1 diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, CHF. Taking Furosemide and Aspirin. Difficulty maintaining balance. Diagnosis?

Iam a 39 yo male, I have type 1 diabetes and have had it for thirty years, it hasn t been controlled much at all, and I have diabetic neuropathy . I was also diagnose two and a half years ago with congestive heart failure . I haven t had many issues with the chf other than water retention, I take 80 mg of furosemide a day along with an 81 mg aspirin . this seems to have remedied the water retention, for I have not gained any weight since the last time I was in the hospital some 6 months ago to have water drained off of me. my issue know is that since then my legs feel weak and my feet are numb all day everyday. I seem to drag my feet when I walk and my knees have giving out a few times causing me to fall, getting in or out of chairs is an event, I even have to sit down to put on pants because I cant bring my legs up enough to put them on, my balance is off as well. thank you for any advice or diagnoses you can offer, my doctor tells me that it all because of not controlling diabetes and I know that s a big part of it, but I have been in a lot better control for the past month and the issues I have haven t changed.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013