Have toothache, teeth chipping away, numbness in lower lip. Is it a simple dental problem?

I had a toothache in one of my upper left side, and noticed that some of the tooth was chipping away. I have an appointment with my dentist . Then, I had pain in my lower last tooth, which felt like I had a piece of meat stuck in it. I could not remove any thing that may have been stuck with flossing, brushing or using a toothpick. Since I have an appointment, I wasn t too concerned. But this morning I woke up with a numb lower left lip and chin . I don t know if I should go to the er only to have them tell me it s nothing, and on the same hand I don t want to leave it until my appointment and find out it s something way worse. Can you tell me if this is a simple dental thing, or is it worse.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012