Have throbbing heartbeat with pain on breathing, after physical activity. Visit doctor?

I often, especially after climbing stair or laying down, feel the throbbing beat of my heart in my head. It sometimes causes EXCRUTIATING pain, and it gets worse when I breathe, so I usually hold my breath when it happens. I can only feel the beating from a few seconds to half a minute, but it started to affect the amount of sports I do a week, since it often happens then. Should I go see a doctor, or is this normal?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013