Have tenderness in scalp and headache. Took Ibuprofen. Cause?

I have a sensation of tenderness in one half of my scalp and inside my ear canal . last night and tonight has been on the left side. also last night I had a headache similar what I wold get from being very lethargic all day but I was moderatly active all day. Last night I was not able to get too sleep but a single ibuprofen helped a lot and afetr an hours or so i was able to return to bed and slept normal all night. I also get these same sensations on my left side from time to time too but not as badly as last night. Martin R.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013