Have symptoms of Hypothyroidism. Did test 9 year back and was negative. Advice?

I have a question about Hypothyroidism.
Believe that I may have it as I have nearly all of the symptoms on any given list I have found, (Thinning hair, feeling cold, low energy/fatigue, etc.) I am a 37 year old female who has had two children and have been having many of these symptoms for many years. I have did have a test done about nine years ago and it came out negative. However, I believe that they only did one test and I have heard that you should do both the T3 and T4 as one can be a false negative. Please advise. Thank you,
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013