Have swollen nose after facial. Am allergic to some things. Related?

Hi. Since November, I have been having issues with my nose , it keeps being swollen, mostly on the right side, in the upper/middle part of my nose. It got worse in December when I had a facial (it has happened before, when I had a facial in June, but the swelling I had then disappeared in a month). I am also allergic to some things, so I wonder if that is related? People don t usually notice the change in my nose, but I do, and it annoys me so much. The swelling of the tissue goes on and off, when the tissue is swollen, it is like I feel some pressure when I touch it, even slightly. The tissue swelling gets better sometimes, while now I feel like my nose is HARD, like it grew and became wider on that side. It is really annoying and I don t know what to do, so I d really, REALLY appreciate your advice, because I can no longer look into the mirror without getting depressed. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Any kind of cosmetic treatment like say the facial can easily cause reactions in the nose like the swelling but thats usually temporary and it should definitely become better over time.

There is no over the counter medicine which can cure your problem and thus you must definitely visit an ENT who will examine either externally or endoscopically to first confirm a diagnosis and more importantly suggest a permanent cure.

Meanwhile it goes without saying that if you are getting allergic reactions then stay away from facial and also do not meddle or pick on your nose

take care

Dr Sriram Nathan