Have swollen labia. had sex. Is it due to rough sex?

hello, last night I had sex with my boyfriend, we have been dating for a year. I had noticed when I woke up this morning that my right labia is swollen and it looks bruised. it is very inflamed sitting and walking hurts. I do not no if that was caused by sex being to rough because after an hour of continuing having sex I was getting sore.. I am on the marana birth control but did not know if that had anything to do with it. help would be appreciated. thankyou.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Dec 2013
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HCM.
after reading your query, we can make out that your problem is related to simple trauma/ injury to the labial skin. You know very well that after every type of injury we do have inflammation and swelling of skin and the same thing happened with you. Due to friction and trauma during intercourse you had injury on right labial skin. Your birth control device has nothing to do with this swelling. So don't get panicky about the same.
The problem will be alright in couple of days. In between take a good pain killer tablet after meals according to pain status and can do cold compression over the area to reduce the swelling.
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
MD ( Dermatology and STD/ Venereology)