Have swelling on top of head. Had banged it earlier. Home remedy?

Thank you! I just noticedthat the top of my head in the back is swollen on the right side, where I accidentallly banged it about 4 or 5 days ago. Also, as a child, I feel down a outside concrete steps and there is a scar there, exactly where I stood up and hit my head on an open cabinet door on the corner of the door. I am wondering what I can do at home tonight to lessen swelling . this is slightly still tender when I gently rub my head with the palm of my hand . I did not notice this until 30 minutes ago.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013