Have square jaw, frequent jaw pain and ear pain, has masseter hypertrophy. Is it TMJ?

Dear Doctor, I am 24 year old female, having serious problems with my jaws and teeth .I have a deep overbite, square jaw, and frequent pain in the region above my ears(TMJ?).I am also suffering from masseter hypertrophy . Doctors have suggested a surgery (as orthodontics may not work), which i do not want to undergo.though i am not concerned about my square jaw appearance, i am quite concerned about the decline in my overall health. Please do advice, and also highlight upon severity and adverse effects of this condition as i grow older, if untreated. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013