Have spiral fracture of the fibula. Been treated by cast. Raised DVT. Level of risk?

I currently have a spiral fracture of the fibula . It is being treated by cast only and no surgery is necessary. The current cast is due to come off in 4 to 5 weeks and I have been told that I will then move into a walking cast. I am due to fly long haul in 6 weeks. I have been seeking advice about whether to cancel this trip since I first injured my ankle. Doctors have been saying that I could probably go. Today I have seen a different doctor who has for the first time raised DVT . He states that I will be at risk if I take a long haul flight in 6 weeks. He is saying that there are injections that I could be given before flying. Please can you explain the level of risk and what the level of risk would be with the injections suggested. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  86 Awaiting Answer