Have sore toe by jabbing it. Have numb feeling. Could nerve be damaged?

hi, i kicked a box which i thought was empty, which resulted in me jabbing my toe very hard. It has been sore since i did it about six weeks ago. Not unbearable but just sore when i bend down. My main concern is that my toe and foot have been getting a tingling/numb feeling everynow and then. Could I have damaged a nerve or something in my toe/foot?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013

I have studied your case.

There can be hairline fracture to toe due to injury
Also there can be injury to terminal branch of nerve.
Another differential is mortans neuralgia in which there is neuroma formation between web space of toes.

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level,and uric acid level

If nerve compression becomes severe later on then surgical decompression will give permanent relief.
Mortons neuroma needs surgical removal.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.