Have sore throat, blocked nose and noticed blood in spit. How to get cured?

Hi, I ve had sore throat for a few days now, it was most likely throat inflammation. I ve been using ibuprofen , chesty cough syrup and used Vicks to rub onto my chest and throat for the past few days, today I stayed in bed with extra clothing to remain warm. I feel a lot better, although I still have a little bit of a blocked nose but a vast improvement has progressed since the start of it. Just there now I had a small amount of fresh blood in my spit when I spat into my toilet! It made me worry a little bit... Could it be anything serious? It was about 5 minutes ago, I spat again just now and my spit is perfectly clear as it should be? Should I be worried or was it maybe just a gum?... Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012