Have small lump at centre of rib cage, not painful, doing lots of exercise. Should i go for treatment?

I think I may have a small lump at the bottom center of my rib cage. I do not feel any pain when i touch it. I have been doing a lot of excercises such as situps and crunches and think it may just be a muscle? should I consult my doctor about this?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

This lump can be anything varying from a hematoma, a lipoma, neurofibroma or any swelling of the underlying bone or cartilage.
You should see a nearby doctor soon.

Sudden appearance of such a swelling cannot be only attributed to a muscle swelling.

Dr Geetika Paul