Have skin redness and breaking due to a cleanser. Took steroid shot but got repeated after some time. On medication. What to do?

hey, i have a question to ask, i bought this face cleanser off WWW.WWWW.WW and it has cause my skin to break out and reddened, it started this past thursday, i went to a doctor yesturday and they gave me a steriod shot which in around 3 hours or so the reddness had completely went away, but after 8 hours later the reddness has came back, the doctor also told me to get a prescription called alclometasone dipro, it says to use it twice a day, which i started yesturday, well today the reddness is still there but lighten up some, i noticed what looked like skin was very dry almost like pealing off, the doctor believe it was sodium hydroxide in the face cleanser that cause my allergic reaction, i was just wandering how long could it take for me to look normal again
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013