Have shingles, hearing problems. Ask an online doctor, what type of hearing loss and any herbal medicine available?

My brother is 67 years old. He had Bell's Palsy about 7 years ago and recently developed shingles. He has been having hearing problems during this time and presently, he has lost most of his hearing. As a result of this los of almost complete hearing, he's unable to carry on a conversation with anyone. I'm not sure what type of hearing loss that has resulted and will any natural herbs help him to restore his hearing?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013