Have severe thoracic disc disease, ulnar nerve compression, desiccation and loss of disc space. DJD in hips. Help?

I have severe thoracic disc disease, desiccation , and loss of disc space height, in addition to lumbar discs, none being normal - all bulging. I also have had C3-C7 discectomy and fusion. I find it very difficult to breathe, to sit in a chair, to lie down, rib pain, chest pain, lumbar pain, etc. My main concern right now is my difficulty in breathing due to thoracic problems as well as the feeling of heart problems. My pain management doctor has reduced my pain meds because of DEA action; however, I wake up every morning gasping for air. I, too, have a long history of asthmatic bronchitis; however, I do think the difficulty breathing has to do with my thoracic spinal problems. I am very afraid as I cannot breathe; my spinal problems start from the top cervical to the lower lumbar. It is getting very difficult to sit, leaning up against a chair; to lie down as my ribs hurt tremendously; to drive as my thoracic spine is compressed against the car seat; to do anything at all as my entire spine is involved. In addition, I have numerous problems with ulnar nerve compression, bone on bone cmc joint, tendonitis in elbows; I have had 13 surgeries including bilateral total knee replacements, in which I did not have a good experience and have difficulty walking; I have DJD in my hips - the list goes on and on. Most of this was brought on by an horrific auto accident a very long time ago, which osteoarthritis and such has taken over my entire body. I am most concerned right now with my thoracic problems as I cannot breathe nor function because of stabbing chest and rib pains. My pain management doc is too worried about the DEA and has reduced my meds so that I am taking much lower dosages than I have in the previous 9 years or so. I cannot take this anymore. I would like to know what I can do - whom I may see - I cannot go on any longer this way. I ve been doing this since 11/22/77 - I think I have suffered enough. Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013