Have rotor cuff fraying and tendinitis. Taking cortisone shot. Will it dissolve in bone spurs?

I just recieved a cortisone shot in my shoulder for rotor cuff fraying and tendinitis? Bone spurs are involved. According to my orthopedic office, surgery is not an option at this juncture. I realize cortisone can decrease the inflammation and possibly heal the tendon fraying, but, can it dissolve the bone spurs and, if not, how do I prevent new damage in the future and get the function of my arm back? Should I seek another opinion?

Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013