Have red, swollen splotchy areas painful below eye, eyelids. Used steroid creams. How to cure?

For the past 6 months I have been having red, swollen splotchy areas that are painful arise below my eye as well as on my eyelids. At first I tried steroid creams and that only made it worse. I also completely changed all cosmetics and that did nothing as well. The outbreaks happen every 3-4 weeks. The past 2 times it has happened I did nothing and it went away in about 5 days. However, this condition is very embarrassing out in public. My endocrinologist suggest I see a rheumatologist but getting into a rheumatologist is not very easy. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013