Lets start with readers, and the area surrounding gets red,itchy and burn due to the contact of the frame of the reader so from that I can guess that the readers are made up of some kind of metallic frame, and most common cause of "CONTACT DERMATITIS" (allergy
in common terms) is caused by the Nickel , here is what you can do for it try to change it to plastic frame no metal components in it any where where it comes in contact to your skin. Make sure that the its not too tight I mean giving pressure and making a mark , and chose light weight frame as well as plastic lenses for extra weight reduction.
Now the rash
on the chest, YES it seems like an allergic reaction
, their are many different products that have same kind of constituents so lets start with few thing and can be changed to hypoallergenic (less likely to cause allergy) to help reducing allergy.
1) Any new medication?
2) any new detergent?
3) any new clothes with different fabric (satin, polyester)?
4) any change in food ?
5) any change in dairy product?
6) any change in soap / cosmetics ?
Above mentioned are the common culprit of very day life and so need to be thought through and need to be replaced by hypoallergenic / back to previous things.
Now the answer to the question : should I be concern?
The allergy will cause rash and itch and that will make us focus on it where ever it occurs and henceforth it will steal piece of mind, another is strong allergic response
given by windpipe will lead to an issue with breathing so its necessary to find the cause of allergy so that we can get away from it.
Their is the allergy test available which test 30 different kinds of allergen and will help to determine the cause of allergy can be done.
HOPE IT HELPS.