Have reactive airway disease. Have rapid heart beat, no pain. Using inhaler. Could it be because I own cats?

i have shortness of breath and i do take inhalers for what seems i have reactive airway disease which was said by my doctors, but i have been taking them to a point where i feel cured, (i was sleeping good and ate like how i usually ate) but than like 2-3 days later it came back again, but i used to feel chest pain and now i dont feel chest pain anymore (no tightness,pain,) , wheezing or coughing i dont have either, i have kind of a rapid heart beat (not to fast,but fast even when im just sitting down or walking) and when i lay down to sleep (back or on my stomach) i suddenly feel like my airway narrows to a point where i could breath but so little.. and my heart does pound at that time, this causes me to stay awake for a whole night or day since i suddenly cant wake up, and i rarely sleep cause of this.. but my stomach and whole lungs dont pain at all, it just feels as if im not getting enough oxygen so my heart beats kinda fast, and yes i can feel the slight narrowing from the bottom of my throat to maybe my chest (but no hard pain at all) (not the stomach area) but when im outside i cant really feel it anymore (but my heart still beats kinda fast) so what is it? ive been given inhalers qvar and proair to help with my problem and i dont have asthma . a year ago it worked fine and i was cured (last had it on march 2011) then came back this month of august 2012 and it was going away but came back with no chest pain or odd coughing. could it be cause i own cats? is it dirt and bad air? maybe exercise and eating healthy can help? i also been eating kind of less,drinking plenty of water,and walking 30 min in the morning outside and walking for 1-2 hours or more out places, and i stayed away for fatty foods and it seems like i dont get cravings for that type of stuff anymore.. seems like for these past 2-3 days, i ve been eating fruit,salad, little soda , and a small-medium size meal atleast once a day,
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012