Have rash on arms, legs, chest, numbness in hands. History of migraine, hysterectmy, gall bladder removal

Hello, I am a 52 year old white female. Approximately three years ago I developed a itchy rash on my inner forearms, which spread to my legs, hips, chest and finally spread all over my body. I was miserable, went to the emergency room four times for steroid injections , and saw my family doctor who also gave me steroids. I also saw a dermotologist who finally did a biopsy which came back inconclusive. I also developed severe muscle and joint pain, and bone degeneration in my neck and feet. The pain has been so severe that I have to take hydrocodone in order to get through a day at work. Tests were finally ordered which revealed elevated liver enzymes and a positive drug induced lupus panel. I saw a rheumatologist who ran tests and said this form a lupus can mimic other conditions, but if a drug did causes it, once the drug was discontinued, the symptoms would go away. The only medication I was taking that could have caused this was minocycline, which I had taken for years for rosacea . Three years have passed, and although the initial extreme itchy breakouts have calmed down, I still have a rash, mainly on my arms and legs and chest, It has taken on an appearance of red purplish blochiness with a lacy appearance, that under certain lights show shiny silvery streaks. I also have episodes of numbness in my hands where they will go to sleep. This condition has worsened now that I have longer episodes of numbness that occur during the day, as well as during the night. My feet also go to sleep sometimes but this condition mostly affects my arms and hands. I suffer terrible pain in my knees when squatting and all over muscle and joint pain from my neck to my feet. I had a MRI of the brain many years ago for history of migraines, which revealed demeylinating disease and vasculitis. Could there be a connection. I had Hepatitis B in 1984, but recovered completely and I am not a carrier. I also had my gallbladder removed in 1990 and my appendix five months later. I also have silicone breast implants since 1989 and I am worried about possible leakage. I had a partial hysterectomy in 1998 as well. I also found a condition on the internet called lichen planus, which, when reviewing the symptoms, sounds exactly like my rash. Could you please give me your professional opinion. I greatly appreciate your time and patience. Thank you, CJ
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012