Have rash like spot on the thigh. No itching or no burning. Could it be ring worm infection?

I had a white pimple looking spot on my thigh and I popped it, it whelped up and went away for a week w a scab where it popped. Nothing came out. A week later I have a red circle that does not itch , burn , or bother me in any way. It also has irregular boarder. I m not sure how to treat it not knowing if it s a ring worm , which it s not the classic case or a bite of some type.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Jul 2012
Hiya there. From your description it does appear to be one of the 'gyrate' erythematous skin conditions. More often than not, it could be a 'reaction pattern' following some sort of insect bite reaction as if it were fungal origins, there would have been some discomfort. Might i suggest using a topical combination cream of a hydrocortisone & antifungal applied twice daily for a 3-5 day period. It should clear up completely. If not, then you need to fix an appointment with your nearest dermatologist & have it biopsied if only for academic interest. I envisage no problems & nothing serious to write home about. Good Luck & Godspeed!