Have problem with ejaculating when masturbating. What could be the reason for the delay?

Hi Dr A Chakravarthy
Im 31 male. i am used to masturbate twice a week. but when i masturbate i last it for hours(sometimes 4-5 hours)to ejaculate and even sometimes i dont let myself to ejaculate at all for days.i have some questions which would appreciate if you answer:
1)is there any problem with that?is it harmful to my heart or any other parts of my body?
2)recently i observed my sperm being brown as there is old blood in it.do u think its the result of not letting myself ejaculate for hours or something else?(.this is the first time i see this.)
thank you
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Sexologist 's  Response
Hello there.
Thanks for your questions.
From your description it looks like you have delayed ejaculation. There are a few known causes like use of some medicines, illicit drugs, problems with fantasy thinking, anxiety about intimacy etc. As a result of this you have to continue to stimulate yourself for a very long time which can be quite distressing. It is certainly not going to affect any vital organs like heart.

With regards to your second question, brown semen is usually as a result of presence of blood which can be due to local trauma or infection in the genital region. I suspect that if you are vigorously stimulating the genital region for a prolonged period, that itself could explain the brown semen. If the problem persists do see a urology doctor.

My advise for delayed ejaculation would be to get a thorough assessment done from a sexual medicine specialist.

Good luck.