Have pale look in the mornings. Taking Prevacid for heartburn. Side effects?

Hello, I am a student currently in college. I have been told lately from my father in the mornings I look pale. I do take daily vitamins and very conscious with my food intake since I have a gluten and dairy allergy( been this way for 5 years) I believe it s not malnutrition related however, I do have chronic heartburn . With this I take Prevacid on a daily basis. I feel better taking them and it controls my acidity. I notice when I consume larger than normal portions of steak my stomach cannot digest and wake up usually 2-4 am to suddenly vomitIng. I believe I have had peptic ulcers in the past and feel great relief with the Prevacid. My question is are there any long term consequent to Prevacid and could it be a deficiency to Vit B 12 from the Prevacid? And what gastro conditions would manifest with trouble breaking down protein? Could this somehow relate to my morning pale color.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013