Have painful acne on sides of forehead after herbal facial. Treatment?

I am 40 years old. I have been developing acne s on the sides ( predominantly left side) of my foreahead and it is very painful. I have never had acne all thru my life. This started after I did a herbal facial . This is now spreading all over my forehead and to the cheeks and upper lips . One doctor prescribed benzoyl peroxide and Supatret to be applied and have been doing that for more than 3 weeks. But no improvement. Skin is turning red and bluish where I apply the ointment. My periods are all regular. Hence doctor said may not be a hormonal change. Not sure what to do next..Please advice
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013