Have pain, itching, swelling in the calf of the leg. No medication till now. What can be the reason?

Calf is blotchy angry red, so itchy fells like creepy-crawly bugs in there. Hurts to scratch it. Skin feels very thick in rash area and warm. Itching is the worst part of the rash. I just want to dig, dig, dig. Has a blotchiness to the red area. Calf and ankle swell sometimes leaving sock top indention on calf. Usually only the one leg swells. Have had the rash on the other leg but has been gone for months. Have restless leg for awhile when I go to bed. Have itchy skin on my back and other areas too, but not red. Had a few bouts of psoriasis on just elbows, itchy and red, but scaly - plaque psoriasis. Leg is very different, very different. No scales. Just big areas - size of palm or more - that is hard. Itch, hurt, itch, hurt, can't leave it alone but it itches and I scratch it I bleed.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013