Have pain in thoracic region. Had two fusions. Have agonizing pain. Due to have spinal stimulator implanted. Recommendations

Hi Dr, I have agonising pain in my thoracic region every night but only after I've laid down for 3+ hours and the pain radiates right around to my ribs and front sternum. I have had two fusions L5-S1 and C6-C7. Since the fusion of the C6-C7 in 2008/08, I've never had any relief from the pain which initially radiated down my left shoulder and arm and the back of the same shoulder, I have several tender points around my body and today when I awoke in the morning (I can only sleep sitting up now to alleviate the pain) I had agonising pain over my left shoulder and up my neck and a large lump has developed on the right side of the thoracic region and when my husband tried to rub it for me it was so painful he could not touch it. I am due to have a spinal stimulator inplanted on the 27th but I would like to know if the problem I've got is something I should have checked by my GP first? Please help me I am in such a state here. Thank you so much.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013