Have pain in the back of the knee were the veins have become purple and raised. What could be the cause?

HI My 45 year old husband had a femoral artery bypass in January this year, his recovery has been slow but going well, but recently I noticed his veins at the back of his knee both large thick veins and spider veins are raised and the area is very purple. He says the whole area about the size of a palm of your hand is very sore sensitive and a kind of painful stinging feeling. Does this sound familiar?

Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013