Have pain in lung. Had been diagnosed with HIV. Could it be Pleurisy?

Recently I was diagnosed with HIV (t-cells: 47; viral load: 700,000+ and was hospitaled for pcp. Once released from the hospital, I am on 8 liters of O2--with an oxygen saturation around 89. Yesterday I developed SHARP PAINS in the lower region of my left lung . Although I am not a physician, I am wondering if it could be pleurisy . Near any position I try to lay is increasingly uncomfortable. I have a scheduled appt with my physician thursday morning, but the pain is almost unbearable. should I try to hold out till then o go to an ER?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013