Have pain in leg diagnosed as Superficial Thrombophlebitis. Ultrasound shows clots. DVT?

Hi, I had a pain in my right leg that was diagnosed as superficial thrombophlebitis. My pain has now followed the vein up my inner thigh and now includes my groin and abdomen. It feels hard and painful and seems to be moving up on a daily basis. An Ultra sound scan showed clots but in the superficial veins. I'm worried now I am going to get DVT. I'm 36 and there is a history of vericose veins and heart problems on my mother's side. Otherwise i'm healthy and physically fit although I am overweight. Am I just worrying.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013