Have numbness and pain in upper palate after placing temporary crown. Unable to eat. Cure?

I had a dentist appointment for a temporary crown 2 weeks ago. After a day, I experienced pain in my upper palate from the anesthesia injection in the roof of my mouth. I went back to the dentist 5 days later because I could not eat and the pain was unbearable. There was also numbness still present at the site. The dentist gave me dental paste and told me it was an injury and would heal. It is now 2 weeks later and I am still unable to eat and have been taking Motrin 800 daily for the pain. The numbness is still present. I have never experienced anything like this before. What should I address with my dentist?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013