Have night sweat, hard lymph node on neck. Painless. Advice?

I have lost weight, experienced drenching night sweats a few months ago, and now have developed hard lymph nodes on the left side of my neck starting under ear, wrapping around the mastoid and continuing along to back of head under hair. The lymph nodes are not exceeding 1 cm yet, however they just appeared this week and are spreading and getting a little bigger I think each day. They are hard and fixed, not painful unless pressed pretty hard. Thank you for any advice. I have an ENT appointment today, but I have a feeling that with my normal blood work and the nodes being less than a cm, he will tell me to wait it out.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. considering your symptoms , we should keep tuberculosis of the lymph nodes in mind. please ask your doctor to examine you and order the necessary tests , as fever , weight loss and sweats at night are some cause of worry and these complaints should not be ignored. thanks

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.